Emirates of Malta
All Corrections/Additions are Welcome
Hasan Samsam al-Dawla II, (1078-), Emir of Malta, (r. 1088-1115).
Our data online is to share. We do appreciate if you find a connection to share your data, so it can help many others all across this planet.
Born in 1078 under his father's reign and his mother was a member of the royal family of Sicily. His father reign a short period before dying at a young age, succession at the age of 10 with the guidance of the Hakims and council help ensure the Emirates rule was well guided with the Sicilian authorities. Paying tribute to the Sicilian authorities in 1090 with Count Roger de Hauteville of Sicily with the acceptance of being able to continue rule with his Hakims in Malta and Gozo and their faith, though a taxation system was to be fed back to Sicily. Also due to the ongoing alliances of marriages with most of the Emirs, Hasan Samsam al-Dawla was able to marry in ordinance of the Muslin faith and marry distant cousin-heiress, whose father once reign as Emir of Catania and Syracusa, now Hakim of Malta. Count Roger I of Sicily accepted no further troubles as long as Malta followed the rules set out, the Emir could reign freely. Incidently, both families had intermarried with each other as you can see in the genealogy. Though from a history point of view, nothing was recorded regarding any Arabic connections. All deleted and scrubbed out. The Alliances formed was very common with ruling families, particularly to obtain bloodlines to newly established de Hauteville family.
1. Hasan Samsam al-Dawla II, Emir of Malta, r. 1088-1115.
2. Jafar V, Emir of Malta, r. 1070-1088.
3. Cassandra d'Altavilla.
4. Jafar IV, Emir of Malta, r. 1060-1070.
5. Princess Joanna Kalbid.
6. Sylvestre d'Altavilla di Conversano, (d. 1063), Conte di Marsico.
7. Princess Muna Kalbid of Sicily.
8. Hasan Samsam al-Dawla I, Emir of Malta and Sicily, r. 1035-1053, Emir of Malta, r. 1053-1060.
9. Princess Richilde of Kalbid.
10. Prince al-Makati Kalbid, Hakim of Catania, later Emir of Catania, r. 1053-1060.
11. Princess Mafalda of Salerno.
12. Geoffrey de Hauteville, (d. 1063), Conte di Conversano.
13. Princess N Kalbid of Sicily.
14. See # 8.
15. See #9.