Emirates of Malta
All Corrections/Additions are Welcome
Jafar V, (1060-), Emir of Malta, (r. 1070-88).
Our data online is to share. We do appreciate if you find a connection to share your data, so it can help many others all across this planet.
Born in the first year of his father's succession in 1060 and succeeded at the age of 10. Now the third Emir of Malta in direct rule and reign quietly and almost unheard of, other then marrying into the de Hauteville family forming alliance with the newly established County and Kingdom of Sicily. Dying at the age of 28 and succeeded by his child aged son.
1. Jafar V, Emir of Malta, r. 1070-1088.
2. Jafar IV, Emir of Malta, r. 1060-1070.
3. Princess Joanna Kalbid.
4. Hasan Samsam al-Dawla I, Emir of Malta and Sicily, r. 1035-1053, Emir of Malta, r. 1053-1060.
5. Princess Richilde of Kalbid.
6. Prince al-Makati Kalbid, Hakim of Catania, later Emir of Catania, r. 1053-1060.
7. Princess Mafalda of Salerno.
8. Abu l'Futuh Yusaf, Emir of Sicily and Malta, r. 990-998.
9. Princess Isolda of Spoleto.
10. Ahmad I al-Akhal, Emir of Sicily and Malta, r. 1019-1035.
11. Elena d'Altavilla di Apulia.
12. See # 8.
13. See # 9.
14. Joannes II, Conte di Larino, 1st Prince of Salerno, (d. 999).
15. Princess Sikelgaita of Capua.