Emirates of Malta
All Corrections/Additions are Welcome
Jafar VII, (1150-), Emir of Malta, (r. 1188-95).
Our data online is to share. We do appreciate if you find a connection to share your data, so it can help many others all across this planet.
A short reign, succeeding at the age of 33, marrying a Sicilian noblewomen and reign for nearly seven years. Spent time in Europe supporting Sicily in battles and disputes and also ensuring that the Kalbids were totally in Support of the Kingdom of Sicily. Upon succession in 1188, paid tributes to a number of Sovereigns of Sicily. Initially to King William II in 1188, then 1189 to King Tancred I in 1189, then King Roger III in 1193, William III in 1194, Queen Constance I and King Henry I in 1194, then dying in 1195. Succeeded by his 22 year old son, Hasan Samsam al-Dawla IV.
1. Jafar VII, Emir of Malta, r. 1188-1195.
2. Hasan Samsam al-Dawla III, Emir of Malta, r. 1132-1188.
3. Richilde di San Severino.
4. Jafar VI, Emir of Malta, r. 1115-1132.
5. Lucia Ruggerio.
6. Ruggero di San Severino, Signore di San Severino e Rota.
7. Princess Sica of Salerno, married 1116.
8. Hasan Samsam al-Dawla II, Emir of Malta, r. 1088-1115.
9. Princess Richilde Kalbid.
10. Ruggerio, Norman Knight, (d. 1023).
12. Turgisio, Norman Knight, (c. 1125), Signore di San Severino e Rota.
13. Princess Sisa Kalbid.
14. Prince Landolf of Salerno, (1040-1092).
15. Princess Emilia di Gaeta.