"Libro d'Oro di Melita"
The family of Apap who held the title of Marchesi di Gnien is-Sultan (1792), including title of Marchese Apap Testaferrata (1889)
All Corrections/Additions are Welcome
This family is NOT listed as a noble family in “Descrittione di Malta” (1647) however it was granted a hereditary title of Marchese from Grand Master Rohan..
* Salvo Apap, married to Leonora de Nasis., with issue.
1. Antonio Apap See Below.
* Antonio Apap, married to Andreanna N., with issue.
1. Giovanni Antonio Apap See Below.
2. Andreiotto Apap, married (1) 1570 at Matrice Gozo to Angela Farrugia, married (2) 1618 at Matrice Gozo to Caterina Axac., with issue.
2.1. (First Marriage) Giovanni Apap, married 1619 at Matrice Gozo to Marietta Cremona, with issue.
2.1.1. Clara Apap, married 1647 at Matrice Gozo to Sebastiano Mangion.
2.1.2. Caterina Apap, married 1654 at Matrice Gozo to Battista Vella.
2.1.3. Ignazia Apap, married 1650 at Matrice Gozo to Giacobo Vella.
2.2. (Second Marriage) Petronilla Apap married 1638 at Matrice Gozo to Don Alessandro Spelotti, with issue.
2.2.1. Donna Maruzza Spelotti, married 1653 at Matrice Gozo to Mro Mariano Grech.
2.2.2. Donna Margherita Spelotti, married (1) 1676 Rabat Gozo to Aloisio (Marco Antonio) Ruggier, married (2) 1679 Rabat Gozo to Gio Antonio Micallef.
2.3. Antonio Apap, married (1) 1637 at Matrice Gozo to Evangelista Micallef, married (2) 1643 to Margherita Micallef, with issue.
2.3.1. (First Marriage) Grazia Apap married 1653 at Matrice Gozo to Tomaso Mizzi.
2.3.2. Maruzza Apap, married 1658 at Matrice Gozo to Clemenzio Formosa.
2.3.3. (Second Marriage) Andrea Apap, married 1676 Rabat Gozo to Teresa Zerafa, with issue.
126.96.36.199. Domenico Apap, married 1719 Gharb Gozo to Evangelista Cassar, with issue.
188.8.131.52.1. Gio Andrea Apap married 1770 Nadur Gozo to Grazia Caruana, with issue.
184.108.40.206.1.1. Nicola Apap, married 1801 Gharb Gozo to Giuseppa Saliba, with issue.
220.127.116.11.1.1.1. Flavia Apap, married 1821 Gharb Gozo to Pietro Cauchi.
18.104.22.168.1.2. Giovanna Apap, married 1801 Gharb Gozo to Lucio Refalo.
2.4. Gioalla Apap, married 1659 at Matrice Gozo to Giovanni Bonello.
2.5. Innocenza Apap, married 1659 at Matrice Gozo to Giovanni Maria Camilleri.
2.6. Anna Apap, married 1666 at Matrice Gozo to Domenico Aquilina.
2.7. Marghereta Apap, married 1668 at Matrice Gozo to Angelo Agius.
2.8. Giovanni Apap, married 1670 at Matrice Gozo to Gioannella Vella., with issue.
2.8.1. Pietro Apap, married 1695 Gharb, Gozo to Anna Borg.
2.8.2. Natale Apap, married (1)1695 at Gharb, Gozo to Margherita Aquilina., married (2) 1705 Zebbug Gozo to Evangelista Formosa, with issue.
22.214.171.124. (First Marriage) Flaminia Apap, married 1739 at Gharb, Gozo to Marcellino Busuttil.
126.96.36.199. Clemenza Apap, married 1743 at Gharb, Gozo to Pietro Attard.
188.8.131.52. Rosa Apap, married 1746 at Gharb, Gozo to Giuseppe Saliba.
184.108.40.206. Maruzza Apap, married 1717 Gharb Gozo to Gio Maria Mizzi.
220.127.116.11. (Second Marriage) Giuseppe Apap, married 1758 Zebbug Gozo to Maria Xerri, with issue.
18.104.22.168.1. Natale Apap, married 1790 Gharb Gozo to Lorenza Clemenzia Caruana, with issue.
22.214.171.124.1.1. Giuseppe Apap, (Migrated to Valletta), married 1816 Valletta to Caterina Farrugia, with issue.
126.96.36.199.1.1.1. Paola Apap, married 1841 Valletta to Giovanni Vassallo.
3. Paolo Apap, married 1587 to Isabella Nicolaci Rapa, with issue.
3.1. Margareta Apap, married 1609 to Matteo Vella.
3.2. Maria Apap, married 1616 to Giuseppe Cutajar.
3.3. Lucrezia Apap, married 1631 to Chco. Rocco di Lorenzo.
3.4. Don Agostino Apap, Canon of Gozo, dunm. 1658.
4. Giovanni Apap, married 1587 to Margarita Nicolaci Rapa, with issue.
4.1. Michella Apap, married 1635 to Gio Maria Mallia.
4.2. Vincenza Apap, married 1635 to Pietro Mallia.
4.3. Andreotto Apap, married 1631 Rabat Gozo to Clara Pace, with issue.
4.3.1. Giovanni Apap, married 1670 Matrice Gozo to Giovannella Vella, with issue.
188.8.131.52. Agostino Apap, married 1715 Xaghra Gozo to Domenica Sultana, with issue.
184.108.40.206.1. Scolastica Apap, married 1748 Zebbug Gozo to Francesco Cini.
220.127.116.11.2. Elena Apap, married 1740 Xaghra Gozo to Giovanni Attard, with issue.
18.104.22.168.2.1. Francesco Attard, married 1759 Matrice Gozo to Rosa Galea, with issue.
22.214.171.124.2.1.1. Giuseppe Attard, married (1) 1786 Zebbug Gozo to Maria Camilleri, married (2) 1797 Nadur Gozo to Grazia Tabone.
126.96.36.199.2.1.2. Salvatore Attard, Deputy Lieutenant of Nadur, Gozo (1815-1839), married 1793 Nadur Gozo to Maria Camilleri, with issue.
188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206. Francesco Attard, married 1827 Matrice Gozo to Giuseppina Debrincat.
220.127.116.11.2.1.3. Felice Attard, married 1788 Rabat Gozo to Anna Gauci.
18.104.22.168.2.1.4. Michele Attard, married 1790 Sannut,. Gozo to Maria Cassar.
22.214.171.124.2.1.5. Lorenzo Attard, married 1795 Zebbug Gozo to Maria Farrugia.
4.4. Chco. Gio Maria Apap.
* Gio Antonio Apap, married 1567 at Matrice, Gozo to Imperia Borg (Daughter of Antonio)
1. Giacoma Apap, married 1585 to Paolo Pontremoli,(son of Salvo) with issue
2. Margherita Apap, married 1606 at Matrice Gozo to Don Carlo Colonna Romano.
3. Giuseppe Apap - See Below.
4. Domenico Apap "Canon" in Gozo
5. Angelica Apap married Nicole Angelico Mallia.
6. Anton Apap, , married 1610 at Matrice Gozo to Clerica Saliba Ferriol, with issue.
6.1. Chco. Giovanni Apap, married 1644 Mdina to Evangelista Seichel.
* Giuseppe Apap, married Caterina Anastasio (Daughter of Ferdinand and Isabella..)
1. Ferdinand Apap, 'Priest'
2. Micheal Angelo Apap
3. Angelica Apap, married Andrea Axiac
4. Innocenza Apap
5. Simone Apap,-See Below.
6. Isabella Apap, married (1) Ludovico Fava, married (2) to Not Franco Corbor.
* Simone Apap, married 1627 to Francesca Fava, with issue.
1. Rafaele Apap 'Augustine Monk"
2. Anna Marie Apap
3. Giulia 'sives Isabella' Apap, married to Gio Batta Fava.
4. Judge Simone Apap-See Below.
* Judge Simone Apap, married 1694 to Generosa Ducoss , with issue.
1.Albino Apap Ducoss-See Below.
2. Innocenza Apap., married 1739 to Carlo Daniele Castriota., with issue.
* Albino Apap Ducoss, Giurato in Malta, and Captain of the Reggimento di Fanteria di Mdina, married (1) 1719 Noble Grazia Vassallo (Daughter of Noble Aloiseo and Eufemia), married (2) 1756 at Valletta to Orsola Grech.
1. (First Marriage) Generosa Apap, married 1776 to Emmanuele Santucci.
2. Michele Apap, "Alleged" Migrated to Imperia Russia and Created Count Apap and to his descendants by Tsar Paul I 1799 and Knight of St George of Russia and St John of Malta, married 1781 to Deodata Carbott., with issue.
3. Andrea Apap, "Alleged" Migrated to Imperia Russia and Created Baron Apapand to his descendants by Tsar Paul I 1799 and Knight of St George of Russia and St John of Malta, 8th President of the Russian Maltese Chamber of Commerce, married 1795 to Eugenia Bonici., with issue.
4. Maria Apap, married 1783 to Gio Andrea Camilleri, with issue.
4.1. Francesca Camilleri, married 1807 Valletta to Alberto Vella, with issue.
4.1.1. Caterina Vella, married 1835 Valletta to Giuseppe Farrugia.
4.2. Clemenza Camilleri, married 1807 Valletta to Antonio Bardellini.
4.3. Giovanna Camillieri, married 1811 Valletta to Pietro Zaccaria.
5. Aloiseo Apap, "Alleged" Migrated to Imperia Russia and Created Duke Apap and to his descendants by Tsar Paul I 1799 and Knight of St George of Russia and St John of Malta, married 1785 to Maria Carabott., with issue.
6. Marcella Apap, married 1779 to Don Pellegrino Aloiseo Mariani of Sicily, with issue.
6.1. Don Antonio Mariani, (1781-), married to Edwina Bonici Gualtieri., with issue.
6.1.1. Don Antonio Carlo Mariani, (1837-)., married 1871 to Evangelista Bonici, with issue.
6.1.2. Don Aloiseo Ferdinando Mariani, (1841-)., married 1871 to Vittoria Bonici., with issue.
6.1.3. Don Godfredo Mariani, (1844-)., married 1863 to Elizabetta Bonici Gatto, with issue.
6.2. Don Giuseppe Mariani, (1782- ), married 1803 Valletta to Giuseppina Carabott-Azzopardi.
6.3. Donna Cristina Mariani, (1784-)., dunm.
6.4. Donna Teresa Mariani, (1786-)., dunm.
6.5. Donna Maddalena Mariani, (1789-)., married 1819 to Edgardo de Carlo.
6.6. Donna Angelica Mariani, (1792-)., married 1823 to Pietro de Carlo.
7. Filippo Apap , died 1812. 1st Marquis - See Below.
8. (Second Marriage) Mco. Gaetano Apap., married 1778 to Regina Orlando., with issue.
8.1. Maria Luisa Apap, (1780-)., married to Thomas Rainsford of South Carolina, USA.
8.1.1. John Rainsford, (1819-86), married to Elizabeth Hobbs, with issue.
126.96.36.199. James Carroll Rainsford, married Bessie Thompson, with issue.
188.8.131.52.1. John Rainsford.
184.108.40.206.2. Benjamin Rainsford.
220.127.116.11.3. Floyd Rainsford.
18.104.22.168. Thomas Hobbs Rainsford., State Senator of South Carolina (1908-)., (1861-), married 1889 to Mattie Nicholson, with issue.
22.214.171.124.1. Thomas Hobbs Rainsford, (1890-).
126.96.36.199.2. James Carroll Rainsford, (1900-).
188.8.131.52.3. Sarah Elizabeth Rainsford., (1894-).
184.108.40.206.4. June Rainsford, (1895-).
220.127.116.11. Esther Rainsford, married J.B. Norris., with issue.
18.104.22.168.1. John Rainsford Norris., d.inf.
22.214.171.124.2. Thomas Alfred Norris., (1883-), d.inf.
126.96.36.199.3. George Sibley Norris, (1889-).
8.1.2. Esther Rainsford, married to James Ransford.
8.1.3. Mary Rainsford, married to NN. Cautelou., with issue.
188.8.131.52. Rainsford Cautelou, (d. 1894), married with issue.
184.108.40.206. John R. Cautelou.
220.127.116.11. Lamar Rainsford.
8.2. Maria Teresa Apap, (1783-).
8.3. Maria Aloisea Apap, (1786-).
* Filippo Apap , died 1812. 1st Marquis di Gnien is Sultan, Created in 1792 by Grand Master de Rohan-Polduc., married 1769 to Anna Maria Mallia-Tabone dei Marchese dei Fiddien
1. Marchese Gio Antonio Apap C.M.G. 2nd Marquis-See Below.
2. Marchesa Maddalena Apap., married 1806 Valletta to Daniele Bonici Mompalao.
3. Marchesa Maria Aloisea Apap., married 1800 Valletta to Pietro Paolo Bonnici Mompalao.
4. Marchesa Christina Apap, (1780-), 'Nun', dunm.
Footnote: The title of Marchese di Gnien Is-Sultan was by a patent, dated the 1st December 1792, conferred by Grand Master de Rohan upon Filippo Apap with succession to his male issue, and in the failure of male issue to the first-born female descendant. The operative clause of the grant runs thus: Praedictum Marchionis Pheudi Gnien Is-Sultan titulum ..Tibi Magnigico Philippo Apap, tuisque descendentibus masculis legitimis et naturalibus ipsisque deficientibus, foemina majori natu, tribuimus, concedimus et donamus, ac te Marchionis hujusmodi titulo decoramus.
Although this title is by mot published sources regarded as descendible only to the first-born male in the primogenial line of the original grantee, the clear terms of the grant tuisque descendentibus masculis legitimis et naturalibus ipsisque deficientibus, foemina majori natu, clearly show that this title is to be enjoyed by all male-to-male descendants of the grantee. The 1792 grant does not include any references to remainder by primogenial descent. Moreover, the grant provides that a female (defined as the eldest female born) is only called into the remainder upon the extinction of all agnatial descent from the grantee. See also http://www.maltagenealogy.com/SME/gnienissultan.html
It appears that Filippo Apap had only one son.
* Marchese Gio Antonio Apap C.M.G. 2nd Marquis di Gnien is Sultan, died 1845, married 1805 to Angelica Testaferrata Bonici dei Marchese di San Vincenzo Ferreri, with issue.
1. Marchese Dr Filippo Apap LL.D, ‘3rd’ (joint 3rd) Marchese di Gnien Is-Sultan -See Below.
2. Marchese Giovanna Rosa Apap Bologna, married 1830 to Gio Francesco Sant Cassia, 9th Baron di Ghariexem e Tabia , 4th Count Sant (see Sant)
3. Marchese Luigi Apap (joint 3rd) Marchese di Gnien Is-Sultan , married 1840 to Rosalea Testaferrata de Noto, with issue.
3.1. Marchese Guiseppe Apap Testaferrata, (joint 4th) Marchese di Gnien Is-Sultan Created Marquis Apap Testaferrata 1889 by the Papacy, married 1874 to Donna Rosina dei Principe Sabatini, dsp.
4. Marchese Antonia Apap, (1815-).
Footnote#1: Although Luigi’s grandson - Giuseppe Apap Testaferrata was in terms of the 1792 grant entitled to participate in the enjoyment of the title of Marchese di Gnien Is-Sultan, it appears that his preferred claim was to that of Marchese Testaferrata granted at Chambery on the 13th July 1717, to the Mario Testaferrata by Victor-Amadeus, King of Sicily and Duke of Savoy. Giuseppe ,together with many other descendants of the Marchese Mario Testaferrata, claimed that that title is to be borne by all of the contemporary descendants of Testaferrata indiscriminately. (See- Correspondence and Report of the Commission appointed to enquire into the claims and grievances of the Maltese Nobility, May 1878, presented to both Houses of Parliament by Command of Her Majesty (C.-2033.) The latter claim was unsuccessful and was dismissed by the 1878 Commission appointed to enquire into the claims and grievances of the Maltese Nobility because the 1717 title granted to Testaferrata was regarded as not having been properly registered or recognized in Malta. It was also dismissed in 1883 by a majority of a Committee of five Titolati (See:- Report of the Committee of Privileges of the Maltese Nobility on the claims of certain members of that body with the Secretary of State' Reply, August 1883, presented to both Houses of Parliament by Command of Her Majesty (C-3812)) (See also the dissenting opinions of Delicata and Manduca in 1883 Report)
Footnote#2 Some time after this unsuccessful attempt to the title of Marchese Testaferrata, the Marchese Giuseppe Apap Testaferrata received another title of Marchese Apap Testaferrata from His Holiness Pope Leo XIII on the 11 December 1889
Footnote#3 The 1889 title of Marchese Apap Testaferrata was obviously granted after the conclusion of the 1878 Commission. Therefore there can be no reference to that title in the 1878 report. It should be remembered that the purpose of that report (as the report reads) was to identify those titles which were granted or recognized by the sovereign authorities of Malta during the Government of the Knights of Saint John. Some may argue that this title is not one of those titles ‘recognised by the British Monarch’. That argument is flawed because the purpose of the 1878 Commission was not to ‘recognize’ but to ‘identify’ those titles which had already been granted or recognized during the Government of the Order (1530-1798). This is better explained by the terms of reference to the Commissioners that ‘the Secretary of State for the colonies decided that the heads of the families who, before the annexation of Malta to the British Dominions, obtained tiles of nobility, should in accordance with a precedent during the administration of the late Governor, Sir Henry K. Storks, have precedence of the Chamber of Commerce, and in order to ascertain (etc)’. In this case, the title of Marchese Apap Testaferrata is simply not one of those titles that were obtained during the Government of the Order. See: Correspondence and Report of the Commission appointed to enquire into the claims and grievances of the Maltese Nobility, May 1878, presented to both Houses of Parliament by Command of Her Majesty (C.-2033.): see letter of Chief Secretary to Government to Commissioners dated March 8, 1877 (page 52) and http://www.saidvassallo.com/SME/referencegrants.html.
* Marchese Dr Filippo Apap LL.D, ‘3rd’ (joint 3rd) Marquis di Gnien is Sultan (c 1812-73),
married firstly in 1829 to Maria Teresa Sceberras Bologna dei Conti della Catena, with issue
Married Secondly in 1839 to Francesca Sceberras Bologna dei Conti della Catena
1. (First Marriage) Marchese Felicissimo Apap Bologna (c 1834-94), “4th"(joint 4th) Marchese di Gnien Is-Sultan -See Below.
2. Marchesa Paolina Apap Bologna, married 1849 to Giorgio dei Conti Sant-Fournier, with issue.
2. (Second Marriage) Marchese Nicholas Gaetan Apap Bologna (c 1841-
3. Marchesa Mary Apap Bologna, dunm 1840.
4. Marchesa Angelica Apap Bologna , married 1845 to Calcedonio Galea Feriol, 7th Baron di San Marciano (see Galea-Feriol)
* Marchese Felicissimo Apap Bologna (c 1834-94), ‘4th’ (joint 4th) Marquis di Gnien is Sultan, married 1872 to Maria Carmela Manduca dei Conti della MontAlto
1. Marchese Paolo Nicolo Apap (c 1880-1955) , ‘5th’ (joint 5th) Marchese di Gnien Is-Sultan --See Below.
2. Marchese Nicholas Apap Bologna, (1883-) Ph.D, D.D, D.C.L. Archdeacan of Mdina Cath., (joint 5th) Marchese di Gnien Is-Sultan dunm.
3. Marchesa Mary Nicolina Apap Bologna, (1875-) , married 1901 to Capt Jerome de Piro, 7th Baron di Budaq (see de Piro)
4. Marchesa Mary Angelica Apap Bologna, (1878-), married to Francis Formosa Gauci dei Marchesi di Ghajn Qajjed.
5. Marchesa Mary Rosaria Apap Bologna, (1873-)
Footnote: The Marchese Felicissimo Apap also claimed the title of Conte delle Catene, or delli Mori which was conferred by Grand Master Pinto, by a patent of the 20th January 1745, upon Pietro Gaetano Perdicomati Bologna. This claim was dismissed by the Privy Council as it was found that, in regard to that title, Felicissimo was not the primogenial descendant of Pietro Gaetano Perdicomati Bologna. See also http://www.maltagenealogy.com/libro%20d'Oro/catena.html and http://www.maltagenealogy.com/SME/catena.html
Marchese Paolo Nicolo Apap Bologna (c 1880-1955) , ‘5th’ (joint 5th) Marquis di Gnien is Sultan,,
married firstly 1895 to Maria Teresa de Piro Gourgion dei Baroni della Budaq, with issue.
married secondly to Guiseppina Caruana Gatto dei Conti della Beberrua, with further issue
1. (First marriage) Marchese Dr Filippo Antonio Apap Bologna LL.D , ‘Marchesino di Gnien is Sultan’, (joint 6th) Marchese di Gnien Is-Sultan (c 1901-54), Married 1933 to Wilfreda Gollcher, with issue
1.1. Marchese John Anthony Apap Bologna ‘6th’ (joint 7th) Marchese di Gnien Is-Sultan -See Below.
1.2. Marchese Anthony Apap Bologna (c 1935-2009), (joint 7th) Marchese di Gnien Is-Sultan, married Helga Zahra Neumann, with issue
1.2.1. Marchese Carlo Apap Bologna, Dip. Mgt. (Henley), MBA (Brunel), M.B.C.S. (1963-.(joint 8th) Marchese di Gnien Is-Sultan married 25th June 1989 to Marie Therese Bartolo Brockdorff B.Elec Eng (Hons).,P.G.C.E, with issue.
18.104.22.168. Marchese Edward Charles Apap Bologna, (3rd May 1990 -(joint 9th) Marchese di Gnien Is-Sultan
22.214.171.124. Marchese Gregory Philip Apap Bologna, ( 9th November 1991 - (joint 9th) Marchese di Gnien Is-Sultan
1.2.2. Marchese Roberto Apap Bologna (c 1965- (joint 8th) Marchese di Gnien Is-Sultan, married to Rose Marie N., with issue.
126.96.36.199. Marchese Michael Apap Bologna., (joint 9th) Marchese di Gnien Is-Sultan.
188.8.131.52. Marchese Nicholas Apap Bologna., (joint 9th) Marchese di Gnien Is-Sultan.
1.2.3. Marchesa Gabriella Apap Bologna (c 1973-
1.3. Marchesa Louis Apap Bologna B.A (Hons) (c 1944., (joint 7th) Marchese di Gnien Is-Sultan married 1972 to Bernardette Darmanin, with issue
1.3.1. Marchesa Dr. Frederica Apap Bologna, MD. (c 1978- married 2003 to Dr. Mark Sant, MD, MRGOG, with issue.
184.108.40.206. Cristina Sant, (2008-.
220.127.116.11. Emilia Gloria Sant, (2010-.
1.4. Marchese Dr Joseph Apap Bologna B.A, L.L.D, (1948-2014), (joint 7th) Marchese di Gnien Is-Sultan married 1984 to Maria Helena Stilon, with issue.
1.4.1. Marchesa Louisa Apap Bologna., (1986 -, married to Simon Debono, with issue.
18.104.22.168. Steven Giuzeppe Debono.
22.214.171.124. Sophie Jane Debono.
1.4.2. Marchese Paul-Philip Apap Bologna, (1992-.(joint 8th) Marchese di Gnien Is-Sultan
2. Marchese Dr. Felicissmo (Felix Dominic) Maria Apap Bologna, M.D., (c 1903-87), (joint 6th) Marchese di Gnien Is-Sultan married Pauline Josephine Gouder Carbone, with issue
2.1. Marchesa Maresa Apap Bologna, B.A (Hons) , married 1973 to Gordon Henry Elliot, Solicitor, with issue.
2.1.1. Andrew Elliot, B.A (Hons)., M.Sc. (1975-
2.1.2. Adrian Elliot (1977-, B.A (Hons)., M.A.
2.1.3. Julian Elliot (1983-
2.2. Marchesa Elizabeth Apap Bologna, (1950-
2.3. Marchesa Marina Apap Bologna, (1953-
2.4. Marchesa Christine Apap Bologna, B.A. (Hons) (Econ.), married 1993 to Tarcisio Pedrotti
2.4.1. Laura Pedrotti (1994-
3. Marchese Alexander Apap Bologna (1906-81), (joint 6th) Marchese di Gnien Is-Sultan married (1) to Maria Pilar de Piro dei Baroni della Budaq (died 1944), married (2) to Lucia Sant, (died 2006), with issue
3.1. (First Marriage) Marchese Dr Carmelo Apap Bologna Sceberras D'Amico Inguanez M.D, F.R.C.S., (joint 7th) Marchese di Gnien Is-Sultan, 23rd Baron di Djar-il-Bniet e Buqana., President of the COP in Malta, married 1962 to Ann Cassar-Torreggiani, with issue.
3.1.1. Marchese Francesco Apap Bologna Sceberras D’Amico Inguanez, (joint 8th) Marchese di Gnien Is-Sultan(1963-
3.1.2. Marchese James Apap Bologna Sceberras D’Amico Inguanez, (joint 8th) Marchese di Gnien Is-Sultan (1971- , married to Jeanette Battles, has issue.
3.1.3. Marchesa Kristina Apap Bologna Sceberras D'Amico Inguanez, (1965 -, married 2012 to Conte Dr
Paul Sant Cassia, M.A, Ph.D, (1954-8th
(joint 8th) Count Sant.
3.1.4. Marchesa Stephanie Apap Bologna Sceberras D'Amico Inguanez, (1971-., married 2004 to Martin Testaferrata Moroni Viani, M. Ill & Noble (See Tabria and Gomerino for issue)
3.2. (First Marriage) Marchesa Marlene Apap Bologna Sceberras D'Amico Inguanez (c 1941-, married Austin Attard Montalto, with issue (See Attard Montalto)
4. Marchese Col. Mario Apap Bologna (c 1907- , (joint 6th) Marchese di Gnien Is-Sultan married Amy Gatt Rutter, with issue.
4.1. Marchese Michael Apap Bologna, (joint 7th) Marchese di Gnien Is-Sultan married to Patricia Bianchi, with issue.
4.1.1. Marchese Paul Apap Bologna, (joint 8th) Marchese di Gnien Is-Sultan married 2003 to Greta Trapani Galea Feriol dei Baroni di San Marciano., with issue.
126.96.36.199. Marchese Andrew Apap Bologna, (2005-.(joint 9th) Marchese di Gnien Is-Sultan
188.8.131.52. Marchese Matthew Apap Bologna, (joint 9th) Marchese di Gnien Is-Sultan.
184.108.40.206. Marchesa Carla Apap Bologna, (2010-.
4.1.2. Marchesa Christina Apap Bologna, married to Michael Meli Bugeja.
4.2. Marchese Peter Apap Bologna. (joint 7th) Marchese di Gnien Is-Sultan
4.3. Marchese Anna Apap Bologna, married to Leo Vassallo Cesario.
5. Marchesa Adeline Alexandra Apap Bologna (c 1902- ), dunm.
6. (Second marriage) Marchesa Maria Teresa Apap Bologna Caruana Gatto , 8th Countess di Beberrua-(See Beberrua)
Footnote: Although Dr Filippo Antonio Apap Bologna was in terms of the 1792 grant entitled to participate in the enjoyment of the title of Marchese di Gnien Is-Sultan, it appears that published sources only refer to him as a mere Marchesino (heir to the title) and that the title was not succeeded by him but by his eldest son John. This enumeration would be correct had the title been granted with a primogenial remainder. However, as seen from the terms of the grant, there is no such primogenial remainder.
*Marchese John Anthony Apap Bologna , ‘6th’ (joint 7th) Marquis di Gnien is Sultan (c 1934- died in the late 1990's),
married firstly 1957 to Elizabeth Cassar Torreggiani with issue; married secondly to Audrey Griffiths with no issue.
1. (First Marriage) Marchese Phillip Apap Bologna, (c 1962-. ‘7th’ (joint 8th) Marchese di Gnien Is-Sultan, married Corinne Mizzi, with issue
1.1. Marchese Richard Apap Bologna (c 1991- (joint 9th) Marchese di Gnien Is-Sultan
1.2. Marchesa Elizabeth Apap Bologna (c 1989-
2. Marchese Stephen Apap Bologna (c 1967-(joint 8th) Marchese di Gnien Is-Sultan married June, 2000 to Daniela Bisazza, with issue.
2.1. Marchese Alexander Apap Bologna, (2006-.(joint 9th) Marchese di Gnien Is-Sultan
3. Marchesa Dr Angela Apap Bologna PhD, married 4 June 1988 to Dr Lindsay Wood PhD, with issue.
3.1. Francesca Elizabeth Wood, born 27 August 1993.
3.2. Stephanie Alexandra Wood, born 3 March 1999.
4. Marchesa Alexandra Apap Bologna (c 1967-, married 1991 to Conte Peter dei Conti Sant Manduca (Click for issue)
* Heirs: as above
* Special terms: ‘foemina majori natu’ to succeed if all male-to-male issue is extinguished.
FOR MALTESE TITLES OF NOBILITY PLEASE SEE:-
FOR MALTESE FIEFS PLEASE SEE:-
FOR FOREIGN TITLES IN MALTA PLEASE SEE:-
FOR PRECEDENCE IN MALTA AMONGST HOLDERS OF FIEFS, LOCAL TITLES AND OF FOREIGN TITLES, PLEASE SEE:-
FOR MALTESE HERALDRY PLEASE SEE:-